Friday 13 July 2012

BP has gone

Today was my first full day back at work after having a full week off.

During my time off I flew up to Darwin with a friend to spend some time with another friend who moved to Darwin 4.5years ago and I always said I'd visit. (Hey, I eventually got there!)

It was a lovely week off. Swimming, having a few cocktails, reading and overall relaxing and not thinking about work.

Yesterday I had half a day at our Ingleside shelter and got filled in with most of the gossip. It's amazing how much can happen when you have a week off!!!

If you have read my blog previously you should remember a story of mine My BFF, Blackie Penty.

I found out that whilst I was away in Darwin, Blackie got taken away into foster. I knew it was happening and I knew it was happening soon, but I can't help but feel a bit shafted.


I didn't get to say Goodbye.


Blackie has been like one of my own and now I feel as though he's just been taken away from underneath me and no one has even thought about how I'd feel. Last time I went away it was decided he was going into foster, and now whilst I was away he was taken. I can't help but think maybe someone...I don't know who, maybe it's a collective agreement.... but I think that it was decided this would happen whilst I was away so I couldn't put up a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment