Sunday 24 June 2012

Playing the waiting game

Playing the waiting game to find out where we will move to next is not my idea of fun. Will we be in Sydney for another year? Will we be moving to another state? Will we be going back to South Australia?

Around the first week of July most defence members find out where they will be posted next year. It can be a very exciting and/or frustrating time. It is something we must face at least every 2 years, the possibility of packing up our life again and moving to a new town, meeting new people and making new friends.

Thus far my husbands position is stable so it looks like we don't have to move at the end of this year, which I'm very grateful for. Although moving so often allows you to get rid of a heap of junk and throw out a lot of things you don't need it is very stressful.

It has taken me a long time to get used to life in Sydney. I do enjoy it but it's completely different to Adelaide. For some reason it seems as though everyone in Sydney is in a hurry to do something...I feel as though they never sleep and there is never any time to do "nothing"......"something" is always happening.

I have mixed emotions about staying in Sydney another year. Sometimes I think it may just send me crazy, other times I feel like I need to embrace the city more as there's still so much for me to see and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment